4 cups raw pecan halves
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
1⁄ 2 cup maple sugar (you can also use organic raw cane sugar)
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Spread the pecans on a large baking sheet and toast for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking.
• Remove the pecans to a large bowl, add the olive oil, and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly coated. Add the maple syrup and stir until thoroughly coated. Then add the maple sugar and stir until thoroughly coated.
• Warm a large cast-iron skillet to mediumhigh. Add the pecans, scraping the bowl to remove everything, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until pecans are fragrant and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 1⁄2 to 3 minutes.
• Transfer the pecans to parchment paper and quickly spread out, separating them with two forks. Set aside to cool.
• Serve warm.