1⁄2 cup winter squash seeds
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 275°F.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• After removing the seeds from the squash,you can rinse them with cold water, and remove any squash remnants (although I leave that stuff on the seeds). Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towel and transfer to a small bowl. Add the olive oil and toss well until evenly coated. Next add the salt, paprika, and pepper and toss until evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
• Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and cool before serving.